Please tell me I’m not the last cook to discover both the ease and the deliciousness of Christmas Bark! Found in my new Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms cookbook, I was pleasantly surprised that the five ingredients were at my fingertips, and from start to finish the recipe takes about 15 minutes to make.
- 35 saltine crackers
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- toffee bits or chopped walnuts for topping
- Line a sheet cake pan with foil or parchment paper. Lay crackers on the pan in a single layer.
- Stirring frequently, melt butter and sugar together in a small saucepan. Stir until bubbly.
- Pour butter mixture over crackers. Spread with a spoon. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Return to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate chips evenly over crackers.
- Top with chopped walnuts or toffee bits.
- Set aside to cool. Refrigerate until set. Break crackers into pieces for serving.
What a fun, easy addition to any Christmas goody basket! I’m thinking crushed candy canes would be festive and tasty as an alternative topping as well.
So, am I the last one? Have you been making Christmas Bark all along? What other easy Christmas treats am I missing out on?