If you keep the ingredients handy, Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas can be thrown together in less than 30 minutes. Fast, frugal, and delicious!
Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 can black beans (I use 1 1/2 cups cooked beans)
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar, colby, or Mexican blend cheese
- soft taco sized tortillas
- optional: shredded lettuce, sour cream
Mash black beans with a fork. Add chicken, salsa, and cheese. Mix together.
Place a tortilla on a skillet heated to medium (or low-medium). Spread with 1/2 to 3/4 cup meat and bean mixture. Top with another tortilla. Flip quesadilla. Cut in fourths.
Serve with lettuce, sour cream, extra salsa and cheese. Makes 4 quesadillas.
**Tip: For even faster preparation, meat mixture can be put together and frozen. Just thaw, spread, and heat on the skillet.
This post is linked to