You know, the more flimsy plastic Made in China I see in stores this year, the more I want to rebel. Anyone with me? I still have my year-round gift stash in the basement (gotta love those bargains for kids’ birthday gifts, grab bags, etc.) but for the Christmas shopping that I have yet to accomplish, I’m going to do my best to buy handmade products.
Here’s some of what I’ve rounded up so far at craft fairs: handmade goatmilk soap, a hand-poured soy wax candle, and a horse, of course. These are gifts I feel good about giving; purposeful, high quality, and handmade. By purchasing at local craft fairs I can also be assured that I’m supporting our local economy.
And as for something I’d be giddy to see under the tree for myself this Christmas? Check out this bag from my friends at Sassy Klassy ‘N More.
They’ve created other handmade items for your viewing and buying pleasure, too! My third baby was the talk of the town as she rested her sweet head on the stylish, embroidered Klassy Kloth (a gift) draped over my shoulder. It was definitely the prettiest item in my mommy attire for a few months (still is, unfortunately!)… I was almost afraid to use it! I also own a Sassy Pak (another gift), which keeps my things mine in my generic, hospital hand-out (ugh) diaper bag. Here’s some info from the owners of SassyKlassy:
Our process is simple:
1. You Select – Pick from one of our 8 styles of bags.
2. You Kreate – Pick fabric and trim from our vast array of choices.
3. We Make – Leave it up to us to complete your one-of-a-kind bag.
• The side and bottom seams are double-stitched.
• The straps are triple stitched to the bag.
• Stiff interfacing makes them stand-alone.
• Beaded trim is glued at the top of each bead string to prevent losing many beads should one string break.
• Bags are sprayed with fabric protector to prevent stains. We recommend you re-apply periodically.
And now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for… Sassy Klassy ‘N More is offering a giveaway! The very bag that you see in this post could be yours! Here’s what you need to do for your chance to win.
- Visit Sassy Klassy ‘N More
- Find their bags and decide which one would be most useful to you.
- Return here and leave a comment. Let me know which handbag (the bags are named after their kids’ nicknames!) you would most like to see under your Christmas tree!
A winner will be chosen by random.org on Sunday evening, November 23. Good luck to you, and remember… buy handmade. It Works for Me!
See what’s working for others at Rocks In my Dryer.