Look out, Dairy Queen!
You’ll either love me because it’s so good, or hate me… because it’s so good. When I need to take a summer dessert to a get together, this one always receives cheers. The 9×13 pan size goes a long way, too, because it’s a rich one!
Straight out of my childhood church cookbook, here’s our favorite Buster Bar Dessert.
Buster Bar Dessert
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c. evaporated milk (12 oz. can)
- 2/3 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 lb. oreo cookies (crushed)
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1 1/2 c. Spanish peanuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (softened)
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla together in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil for 8 minutes, stirring constantly (I use my whisk). Cool completely.
- Crush oreos and add melted butter. Spread in a 9×13 cake pan. Refrigerate.
- When oreo crust is set, spread softened ice cream on top.
- Freeze until ice cream is firm.
- Top with chocolate mixture and peanuts.
- Freeze overnight.
This post is linked to