If all the yummy comfort food of fall has you feeling a little, um, heavy… this salad may be just the change of pace you need. Lance isn’t a big salad eater, but I can make a meal of them, so I usually just indulge at get togethers and pot lucks. However, when I discovered a bag of broccoli slaw on manager’s special last week, I knew exactly what needed to be done. No one else wants my “girly” salad? I don’t have to share? Fine by me! Easy lunch for me for three days!
Broccoli Slaw Salad
- 1 package broccoli slaw
- 1 c. sunflower seeds, no shell (optional — I didn’t have any, so I used pecans instead)
- chopped green onion to taste
- 1 package chicken flavored Ramen noodles
- toasted almond slices (I do this in a skillet.)
- 1/2 cup oil (I used canola)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- diced chicken (optional — I had a leftover grilled chicken breast that I tossed in)
Toss together broccoli slaw, green onions, sunflower seeds (and chicken). Whisk oil, chicken flavor packet from noodles, sugar, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Pour onto salad and toss. Crumble dry noodles. Just before serving, add dry noodles and toasted almonds.
Because I knew this would be my lunch for a few days, I added the noodles and almonds only to the serving for that day. You don’t want soggy noodles!
Visit The Grocery Cart Challenge for more recipes!