You’re either gonna love the sound of this one, or hate it. My hubby? He won’t touch the stuff. Me? It’s one of my favorites! The crunch… the tangy/sweet mix… the variety of textures… yum!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 c. chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 c. chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/3 c. sunflower seeds (shelled)
- 2/3 c. chopped red onion
- 1/2 c. mayonaisse
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 T. tarragon vinegar
Toss together bacon, broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, and onion in a large bowl.
Mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, and tarragon vinegar. Pour over salad mixture. Toss to coat. Refrigerate before serving.
** This is a great make-ahead salad. It tastes better when the flavors have a chance to marinate.
This post is linked to