You know all those cherry tomatoes I have overflowing my countertops? I don’t mind so much. These are yummy! Itty bitty BLTs without the bread. My mom made some for my sister’s baby shower brunch last spring. What a hit!
- about 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. chopped green onion
- 3 T. Parmesan cheese
- 2 T. fresh parsley, or 1 T. dried parsley
- Wash tomatoes. Slice off the tops and scoop out the insides. (Mom used her potato peeler. I’m thinking a grapefruit spoon would do the trick, also.)
- Invert tomatoes on a towel to drain and dry.
- Mix bacon, mayo, onion, cheese, and parsley.
- Stuff tomatoes with mixture. A baby spoon works great for “stuffing!”
- Refrigerate before serving.
Linked to Once a Month Mom.