One of the things I never order at a restaurant is fajitas. No need, because they are easy and delicious at home! This beef and chicken combo is fabulous, but feel free to use just one or the other. Shrimp is yummy, too!
Beef and Chicken Fajitas
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2-4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 pound sirloin or round steak
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 or 4 bell peppers (green, yellow, red, orange)
- flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Thinly slice beef and chicken. **
- Mix together cumin, oregano, paprika, chili powder, sugar, garlic salt. Sprinkle onto meat. Toss together in a bowl.
- Slice peppers and onions. *** Stir fry in oil with salt and lime juice (season to taste) in a large skillet. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet, stir fry seasoned beef and chicken.
- When meat is cooked through, add peppers and onions. Heat through.
- Serve on warm tortillas. Top with your choice of shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
** The meat will slice easier if it is still partially frozen.
*** Swimming in a bumper crop of peppers? Slice and freeze them on cookie sheets. Bag them in quart bags for instant fajita kits!
Fajita Seasoning Mix
Prefer to mix and store a large batch of seasoning? Simply use 1½ – 2 teaspoons of the mixture when it’s time to make fajitas.
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
Mix together and store in a cool, dry place.