Need a quick, cool snack or a tasty way to get some fruit in the kiddos? This ought to do it!
- 4 frozen bananas, broken in half
- 2 cups (about 10 whole) strawberries
- 2 cups strawberry lemonade (or other citrus beverage)
Fill blender with bananas, strawberries, and lemonade. Pulse until blended. Serve immediately.
Try these variations.
- Freeze mixture in popsicle molds.
- Try a variety of frozen fruit.
- Orange juice gives it a sweet/tart twang.
- Add more juice for a smoothie consistency.
- For a special treat, substitute juice for a can of lemon-lime soda.
Anything cold and fruity goes over well at my house, so we often use whatever fruit we have on hand for this treat, almost always starting with some red-taped bananas. It’s all good, so have fun playing around with different combinations!
What’s your favorite healthy summer treat?