Lisa, from As Thyme Goes Buy, tagged me to “show and tell” seven favorite things in my kitchen. So, welcome to the hub of my home!
- My oven. Shortly after we moved to this house about two and a half years ago, we ran across this like-new oven at an auction. My mom snatched it for me for a very reasonable price. I’ve always wanted a flat cooking surface, and my husband was thrilled to not have to remove old cooking coils and clean up nasty, cooked on “oopses” anymore!
- My red counter top and back splash. I love this red color, especially in the kitchen. It was a nice surprise in an otherwise “fixer-upper” home.
- My apple pottery canisters (and salt and pepper shakers, and spoon rest, and other things that you will see in the photo below, and still others that are not displayed…). When we registered for wedding gifts 10 years ago we passed on fancy china and went for the apple crocks. How excited was I when they fit right in with my new kitchen counter!?!
- The professional artwork adorning my cabinets. ‘Nuff said.
- My Kitchen Aid Mixer. Wow, what a surprise when I opened up that package last Christmas! I didn’t even know I needed one, but my mom must have thought it would come in handy. She was right!
- Our buffet. The other stuff might be “mine,” but this bird’s eye maple buffet was given to us by Lance’s antique-collecting grandma. I have (film) pictures of her refinishing it for us in our garage at age 83ish. What a woman!
- This picture of our budding chef. Broken glass (I’ll get that fixed some day) and all. It will always have a place in my kitchen!
There you have it. The best of my kitchen. I’ll save “the worst” edition for another post, but believe me… there is a dark and somewhat strange side to my kitchen! Now, I would love to see the following kitchens. Please participate when you get a chance!
Michele, from Frugal Granola (I hear you have a brand new kitchen!)
JessieLeigh, from Parenting the Tiniest of Miracles
Sherry, from Lamp Unto My Feet
Donna, from Mom’s Frugal