1. I’m not at BlogHer in Chicago this weekend, and I’m okay with that. No laptop, no iPhone, no new wardrobe… I wouldn’t have fit in anyway. 😉 Although I do enjoy meeting fellow bloggers, I’ll sit this one out. And if I get a chance, I might enjoy a little BlogHop.
2. Recruited some help in the garden yesterday. This is my neighbor’s tomato jungle. Can you see my gardening assistants?
They picked 8 juicy red tomatoes that the big people couldn’t get to! It’s nice to have good help. 🙂
3. Speaking of the garden, you know my history with mystery plants. Last year it was pumpkins. This year it’s cantaloupe and a crazy tall plant in the middle of the mulch pit. Until tonight I dismissed the tall plant as “some type of thick grass or something.” Upon closer inspection… it revealed a corn husk. We have sweet corn growing in our mulch pit!
4. My baby turned two years old yesterday, and I’ve got a serious case of baby fever! With our history, I don’t know if more children are in our future, but we sure are praying about it. Thank goodness for new infants in the family to love on!
5. Over the weekend we visited Deanna Rose Children’s Farm in Kansas City. Even though our children visit farm animals on a fairly regular basis on real farms, they were enthralled. At the milking barn I commented to my friend Janet that “That is the cleanest cow I’ve ever seen” to which she replied, “Amy, we don’t have dirt in Johnson County.” Cracked me up!
6. Took my daughter to the dentist today. Again. For another filling. And tonight our dentist called the house. Again. Just to check up on my girl. Dental gratitude…
7. If you’ve been waiting for the next installment of Mommy, Come Home, it’s coming. I’ve been mulling over a post for about a week. It’s about taking a leap of faith, which is what I need to do and just post the thing!
For your weekly randomness fix, visit Jen at Conversion Diary.